SES-imagotag and Panasonic Business announce partnership, a major step in its strategy towards creating dedicated digital retail solutions for omnichannel commerce.
Panasonic and SES-imagotag believe that digitalisation and connected technology has the power to both support and enhance physical retail spaces, bringing operational efficiency, greater customer engagement and greater security for customers, staff and merchandise. This partnership will focus its retail strategy on three key points:
- Store optimisation;
- Loss prevention;
- Improving sales through customer experience
Panasonic and SES-imagotag co-developed an Automated Shelf Monitoring solution combining CCTV, smart geolocated digital price tag and video analytics to provide real time automated stockout detection. It is currently on trial at a retailer in Paris.
“We want to create a digital future for the physical store,” said Yojiro Matsubara, Managing Director of Panasonic Business in Europe. “Panasonic aims to become an indispensable technology partner for our retail customers, supporting in-store digitalisation and connecting technologies to increase operational efficiencies and improve the customer experience. To achieve this, we have set up a dedicated business unit that will develop partnerships that provide complete IoT technology solutions for our retail customers.”
Panasonic’s retail technology range stretches from EPOS and queue busting computing systems, video analytics capable of providing valuable customer information and personalised service, through high end AV technology, such as LinkRay™, that adds an interactive element to POS displays and communication equipment that can keep a workforce closer than ever.
Thierry Gadou, SES-imagotag Chairman and CEO, said, “Panasonic’s technology line up can help address many of the challenges that the retail sector faces. Together we are working on solutions that will provide real operational benefits for retailers. Using technology to free up human capital and direct staff towards high-value-added tasks is one of the key ways for retailers to revolutionise the in-store customer experience.”
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 495 subsidiaries and 91 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.7 billion for the year ended March 31, 2017. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: www.panasonic.com/global
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Panasonic System Communications Company Europe’s (PSCEU) goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance through world leading technology. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. With around 350 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV offers high quality products and solutions to ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance to end-users in the areas of remote camera solutions, switchers, studio camera solutions and ENG P2. The VariCam line-up of professional digital video cameras are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) which makes them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offer world leading communication solutions including professional scanners, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
- Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic Toughbook had a 67% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and Panasonic Toughpad held a 56% revenue share of sales of rugged business tablets in 2016 (VDC Research, March 2017).
- Industrial Medical Vision provides applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM micro camera solutions. End-users, system integrators or distributors can choose from a range of full product solutions and component vision technology.
- Security Solutions, including video surveillance cameras and recorders, video intercom systems and intruder alarms.
- Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays.
Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European high brightness projector market with a 37.20% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm (FY16 April 2015 – March 2016, excl. 4K & digital cinema).